Genocide and the Thanksgiving Myth (Source globalresearch.ca) As we again plan to celebrate what US “Americans” call Thanksgiving, let us pause for a moment of reflection. Let us recognize that accounts of the first Thanksgiving are mythological, and that the holiday is actually a grotesque celebration of our arrogant ethnocentrism built on genocide. Native Americans in the Caribbean greeted their 1492 European invaders with warm hospitality. They were so innocent that Genoan Cristoforo Colombo wrote in his log, They willingly traded everything they owned . . . They do not bear arms . . . They would make fine servants . . . They could easily be made Christians . . . With fifty men we could subjugate them all and make them do whatever we want. This meeting set in motion a 500+-year plunder of the Western Hemisphere, which then spread to the remainder of the globe. And it has not stopped!
Monthly Archives: November 2014
Forget Ferguson, 244 Teenagers have been shot in Chicago since Michael Brown died
FORGET FERGUSON, 244 TEENAGERS HAVE BEEN SHOT IN CHICAGO SINCE MICHAEL BROWN DIED (Source Zero Hedge) In the 107 days since officer Darren Wilson shot and killed 18 year old Michael Brown – 12:03pm, Saturday, August 9th – the following stupidity has taken place in Chicago: 155 homicides (74% black males). 725 shot & wounded. Six (6) 18 year olds killed. 59 18 year olds shot & wounded. 29 teenagers (13-19) killed. 244 teenagers (13-19) shot and wounded. 10 shot (5 killed) by CPD
Boy with air gun was shot 2 seconds after Cleveland police arrived
Boy with air gun was shot 2 seconds after Cleveland police arrived (Source CNN) A Cleveland police officer shot 12-year-old Tamir Rice about two seconds after the officer and a partner pulled up in a car to investigate reports that someone was brandishing a gun at a park, surveillance video that police released Wednesday shows. Tamir, who had what police said is an air gun that looked like a real firearm, died Sunday, a day after he was shot outside a recreation center. Police also released two audio recordings Wednesday — a 911 call preceding the shooting and a tape of a dispatcher asking officers to go to the park. The shooting happened after a person called 911 to report that a black male — “probably a juvenile” — was pointing “a pistol” at people outside the recreation center. Twice the caller said the gun might be fake. The dispatcher radioed to officers about a black male who was “pointing a gun at people,” but did not mention that caller’s belief that he could be a minor and that the gun might not be a real firearm, one of the released recordings shows.
Catholic sexual abuse case is Spain’s biggest of its kind, has Pope’s attention
Catholic sexual abuse case is Spain’s biggest of its kind, has Pope’s attention (Source CNN) In a case that Pope Francis says he’s taken an interest in after speaking to one of the alleged victims, a Spanish judge on Wednesday filed preliminary charges of sexual abuse against three Catholic priests and a religious teacher. Investigating magistrate Antonio Moreno, in the southern city of Granada, ordered the suspected ringleader, a priest, to post a $12,500 bond in order to leave jail, according to a court statement and spokeswoman. The suspect posted the bond, and Moreno released the others from custody without bond, the statement said. The four must report regularly to authorities and can’t have any contact or communication with two alleged male victims, the court statement said. The judge’s decision came two days after the four were arrested, and just a day after Pope Francis told reporters that he called an alleged victim in August and urged him to come forward to authorities in Spain.
Panicking” Ukrainians Face Soaring Prices, Warn “Inflation is War”
“PANICKING” UKRAINIANS FACE SOARING PRICES, WARN “INFLATION IS WAR” (Source Zero Hedge) With Ukraine, according to President Poroshenko, on the verge of World War III, it appears the people of the divided nation face another all too familiar war… on their living standards. As Hyrvnia continues to collapse to record-er lows, Ukraine’s Central Bank warns of further stress and FX (think USDollar or EUR) demand because the “population is in panic.” With a 19.8% inflation rate last month and a 48% devaluation in the currency this year, Bloomberg reports the costs of imported goods from gasoline to fruit and from medicine to meat is soaring. One store-owner reflected that she “feels the hryvnia devaluation everywhere,” and another noted “I can’t imagine how people survive on a single pension. We can’t even go to the drug store. We try to use herbs instead.” The Central bank expects inflation to keep rising (having previously peaked at 10,256% in 1993 as the Soviet economy was dismantled). “Inflation is the same as the war,” warns one analyst, “it may lead to protests if people blame the authorities for failing to conduct proper policies.”
Russian Military Forming Drone Squadron for Arctic Reconnaisance
RUSSIAN MILITARY FORMING DRONE SQUADRON FOR ARCTIC RECONNAISANCE (Source ITAR TASS) Expanding Russia’s presence in the Arctic is one of the key tasks the country’s authorities. Next spring the Russian government plans to file a request at the United Nations for expanding the borders of its continental shelf. If sustained, the request will increase Russia’s reserves of explored hydrocarbons by five billion tons of equivalent fuel. The formation of the Arctic military command is part of Russia’s ongoing extensive program to build up military presence in the Arctic. Last March, President Vladimir Putin said that the armed forces’ training and development efforts should incorporate measures to increase the combat component of the Arctic group. The Defense Ministry has since made several steps along these lines. Russia’s Defence Ministry is going to build 13 airdromes and 10 radars in the Arctic. Russia announced it was recreating its military base on the Novosibirsk Islands in the Laptev Sea. An airfield was opened on Kotelny, the largest island of the archipelago. Another military airport, Rogachyovo, commissioned on the southern island of the Novaya Zemlya Archipelago, is capable of accommodating fighter jets.
Six GMO Loaded Brands you should avoid buying
Six GMO LOADED BRANDS YOU SHOULD AVOID BUYING (Source Natural Society)
- PEPSI-CO (INCLUDING FRITO-LAY AND DORITOS) This behemoth has hardly been touched by consumer frustration with GMOs, even it is just as guilty as many other companies when it comes to food secrets. This is also the company who had to settle a $9 million class-action lawsuit over Naked Juicefalse advertising – claiming the products were ‘all natural’ and ‘100% juice’ when they are actually full of GMOs. Pepsi-Co was also revealed as one of the big spenders behind the anti-labeling campaigns illegally filtered through the Grocery Manufacturer’s Association. The company topped the listwith a $1,620,899 donation to keep you in the dark about GMOs.
- KELLOGG’S This company is downright shady. Kellogg’s company recently paid $5 million to settle a class-action lawsuitfor falsely labeling Kashi products as “All Natural” or “Nothing Artificial.” They have also contributed a total of $1.6 million to defeat GMO labeling initiatives. In a consumer lab test, it was also found that Kellogg’s uses 100% GMO cornin several of their breakfast cereals and other products. Kashi products even made it onto the Non-GMO project’s list of safe foods, but they aren’t safe at all.
- GENERAL MILLS GM says: “We don’t use genetically modified ingredients in original Cheerios. Our principal ingredient has always been whole grain oats – and there are no GMO oats. We use a small amount of corn starch in cooking, and just one gram of sugar per serving for taste. But our corn starch comes from non-GMO corn, and we use only non-GMO pure cane sugar.” This is only in one type of cereal they sell, though. Only two percentof the company’s shareholders favor a complete GMO ban. GM’s CEO says, he “sees no reason within the United States to bar ingredients grown from biotech crops.”
- NESTLE/GERBER CO This company puts GMOs in baby food. Need I say more? The company removed GMOs from baby formulas in South Africa after public pressure forced them to, but it continues to put them in American-sold versions. Formulas like Good Start and others contain GM soybean oil, GM soy lecithin, and GM maltodextrin, as well as corn syrup derived from GM crops. Along with Pepsi-Co and Coca-Cola, the company spent over $1 million to defeat GMO labeling in Washington, and more to defeat labeling in Oregon.
- HERSHEY’S Just how much will you like that chocolate bar after finding out that Hershey’s donated $800,000 to defeat California’s Prop 37 and Washington’s I-522, and another $500,000 to defeat this year’s initiatives in Oregon and Colorado? The company has only one organic brand—Dagoba. Time for a boycott? After all, there are hundreds of non-GMO fair-trade chocolate makers out there. Try some of these non-GMO sweets instead.
- COCA-COLA This soda empire has contributed more than $1.5 million to keep your teeth rotting from consuming their GMO-filled sodas. They also utilize high fructose corn syrup that is almost entirely GMO-corn derived.
U.S. weather system hacked, affecting satellites
U.S. weather system hacked, affecting satellites (Source money.cnn.com) The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, NOAA, said that four of its websites were hacked in recent weeks. To block the attackers, government officials were forced to shut down some of its services. This explains why satellite data was mysteriously cut off in October, as well as why the National Ice Center website and others were down for more than a week. During that time, federal officials merely stated a need for “unscheduled maintenance.” Still, NOAA spokesman Scott Smullen insisted that the aftermath of the attack “did not prevent us from delivering forecasts to the public.” Little more is publicly known about the attack, which was first revealed by The Washington Post. It’s unclear what damage, if any, was caused by the hack. But hackers managed to penetrate what’s considered one of the most vital aspects of the U.S. government. The nation’s military, businesses and local governments all rely on nonstop reports from the U.S. weather service. The impact of the hack was real: Scientists at Atmospheric and Environmental Research in Lexington, Massachusetts were unable to send a preliminary report about weather patterns to traders and investors earlier this year. “We were shut out entirely. That’s our one source of data,” said Rutgers climatologist David Robinson, whose global snow lab also relies on the satellite data.
Russia-China trading settlements in yuan increases 800%
Russia-China trading settlements in yuan increases 800% (Source RT) Settlements in yuan between China and Russia have increased ninefold in annual terms between January and September 2014, says the Chinese Ministry of Economic Development. “The settlement in national currencies between China and Russia in bilateral trade amounted to about 2 percent in 2013. There has been a significant growth in 2014. In particular, the use of the yuan in mutual settlements increased nine times in the first nine months of 2014.” TASS quotes Lin Zhi, head of the Europe and Central Asia Department of the Chinese Ministry of Economic Development. “About 100 Russian commercial banks are now opening corresponding accounts for settlements in yuan. The list of commercial banks where ordinary depositors can open an account in yuan is also growing.” the official said. On November 18 Russia’s Sberbank became the first Russian bank to begin financing letters of credit in Chinese yuan. Half of the trade between Russia and China could be carried out in yuan and rubles provided China removes restrictions on currency transactions for Russian banks, said Deputy Finance Minister Aleksey Moiseyev in September. The restrictions don’t allow Russian banks to keep yuan received from exporters for a long time. Russia and China have been boosting cooperation primarily in the financial and energy sectors and are planning to have a trade turnover of $200 billion by 2020. Switching to settlements in domestic currencies can largely contribute to balancing the global economy by reducing the impact of the dollar on the world financial and energy markets, President Vladimir Putin said at the APEC Summit last week.
A Major International Monetary Crisis is Looming:
A Major International Monetary Crisis is Looming: The Suppression of Gold and Silver? Is COMEX being Cornered? (Source globalresearch.ca) The events mentioned herein relative to the suppression of gold and silver using dollar hegemony as the tool indicate a major international monetary crisis is dead ahead, this is obvious. So many events have all aligned at once which point to something very bad happening, very soon. In fact, “very soon” could be as soon as the Monday following this Thanksgiving. We saw many different events unfold over this past week which I believe are all connected in one way or another, I will try to connect them for you. That said, please understand that we are and have been in a financial war for many years now. This “war” is one between the East and West where the West’s paper financial system which has been in control for so many years is seeing its power wane. It is this “wane” of the West versus the rise of the East that I believe is now, finally, coming to head. Let me finish by saying this, we very well may wake up after Thanksgiving “fat and happy” only to find out the entire financial system was a fraud. The East, by asking for delivery may in a “polite” way expose the entire game. This would accomplish much, first and most importantly, this will go almost all the way in ending the dollar as the world’s reserve currency. The U.S. will no longer be able to trade “something for nothing”. The Chinese/Russians in my opinion may be on the verge of winning a war without ever firing a shot and playing the game by our own rules!